no picture today y’all. essentially because I was too hungry/asleep after cooking breakfast, but also because this recipe looks (and is) a lot like my chocolate oatmeal recipe from last week.
You will need:
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 TBSP ground flaxseed
- 1 ripe banana, chopped or mashed
- 1 tsp Hershey’s Special Dark 100% cocoa powder
- 1 scoop Amazing Grass Chocolate Green Superfood
1. Combine oats, almond milk, flaxseed, banana, and cocoa powder with 1/2 cup cold water in a saucepan. Cook on high until it reaches your desired consistency (about 5-10 minutes). Since there’s a lot of liquid and a banana, your oats will be more pudding-like and less oatmeal-like. That’s okay!
2. Pour Superfood powder into saucepan and stir until mixed in.
3. You can either eat this warm like hot cereal OR you can put it in the fridge and eat it cold later- like chocolate pudding! Delicious.
Notes: The banana adds a natural sweetness and a creamy texture. You can mix in other stuff: fresh or dried fruit, nuts and seeds, nut butters, jam, dark chocolate, etc.
Today is Day 1 of my corn-free trial week! This means I’m checking everything I eat against a long list of corn products and trying to avoid those products. So far, so good! Long-term, however, I think it’s probably enough to consciously avoid corn itself, high fructose corn syrup, and cornmeal.